Handrup Church

Photo: Kirsten Semberg
Attractions
Churches
The church is beautifully situated in Handrup hills. The church was originally a chapel-of-ease to Dråby Kirke. Towards the end of the 19th century, there was a desire for a church in the western part of the parish. In January 0f 1902, the new church in Handrup was consecrated.
Address

Tinghøjvej 15

8400 Ebeltoft

Contact

Email:ebeltoft.sogn@km.dk

Phone:86341674

The church was built in 1902 and is one of the smallest in this area with only 70 seats. The building of red bricks is a mix of new-Romanesque and new-Gothic style. It has a small tower with a pyramidal steeple. Oak font with a brass baptismal dish.

In 1972, the artist and professor Kresten Iversen (1886-1955) acquired a large painting: "Jesus entered Jerusalem". The picture is a preliminary study of a stained glass window that can be seen in Risskov church.

Over the years, the church has been struck by lightning 3 times. Each time, the altarpiece has been completely or partially destroyed.

Visit the church: Open every day between 8-16

 

Address

Tinghøjvej 15

8400 Ebeltoft

Facilities

Village church

More ideas

Last updated by
VisitAarhus, Djursland